Jellies for the Littles
Keep it simple- the kids will love to help make and eat these, plus they are a great daily addition to the grown ups diet thanks to all the gelatin goodness.
• 2 tablespoon of grass fed gelatin powder
• 4 tablespoon hot water (not boiling)
• 500ml of coconut water
• Natural food dye color of your choice (optional)
• Fresh or dried fruit of your choice including berries, small bits of orange, apple, pear, apricots or sultanas
• A squeeze of lime or lemon for a zing (optional)
Place the gelatin in a mixing bowl with a spout. Add the hot water and stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Add all of the coconut water and your food dye if you are using it and stir. Pour some of the liquid into each of your molds or into a baking paper-lined tray.
Now add whatever fruit you would like- just a few pieces in each mold or sprinkle evenly around the tray until you are satisfied. Pop them in the fridge and let them set for 4-6 hours depending on the size of your molds or thickness of gelatin in the baking tray.
This is a fun one for the kids to make themselves after you have dissolved the gelatin for them.
I have found that the berries are enough to give it vibrant color if you are unsure of using food colouring.