Not only do herbs sometimes work better than meds in situations like a winter cold to eradicate symptoms while boosting the immune system, they also stop the infection hanging around so long.
I love making mixes that people can take home, use for a few days, feel awesome and then pop in the cupboard for when they need them again. This idea of building people’s first aid kit of herbal remedies at home is my dream come true!
My Cold and Flu herbal mix is great for treating symptoms like runny noses, dry coughs, sore throats and headaches, whilst nourishing your body.
This mix boasts:
- The sweet flowers of Elderflower to help clear any mucous congestion in the sinuses.
- Andrographis, known as the King of Bitters, which comes in fists swinging and kills any lingering bacteria or viruses.
- Well known for its effects on the immune system, Echinacea clears congestion in the lymph glands and pushes out toxins, boosts the immune system and has an adaptogenic action which helps to get you back on your feet quicker.
- The root of Elecampane has been used for centuries as medicine for coughs and lung complaints. It has an expectorant action, helping to bring mucous up from the chest so it can be expelled.
- To top it all off, Ginger adds its special zing to help all the herbs work together as well as help out with general symptom relief.
Suffering from the sniffles?